Friday, July 15, 2011

Lovely Things 1

I've been debating whether or not to do any videos featuring modern performers.  I don't want to encourage anyone to use their acts, but at the same time, I sometimes find it highly motivating to see what fantastic things are being done on the scene.  So, I've decided after a lot of consideration that I will feature a few people, every now and then.  Especially when I can't help but share because they are SO COOL.

This is Roxy Velvet, a British burlesque performer who does a fantastic birdcage bit with fans and lyra--a type of aerial performance with a suspended hoop.  I've seen lyra done for burlesque before, and it's great, but the concept of the birdcage is what truly makes this.  I feel like that's honestly possibly one of the most important things about burlesque acts: if the concept is good, your number is almost automatically ten times better.

Take a peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment