Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Acrobats in Training

Update! Julia and I met for the first time on Sunday to start honing our acrobatic skills...

After an hour and a half of unintentional flops and back-bending triumphs we felt quite accomplished! I can now sit on her shoulders and she can stand on my out-stretched legs. While balancing, we plan to add additional layers like her poi ball work and my baton twirling.

Our finest moment was coordinating a back to back balanced frog pose: headstand, arms out in right angles, knees balanced on elbows. We were quite proud to get the spacing between us perfectly and we plan to line up our feet and begin a bicycle motion. It should be quite impressive!

After all this we practiced our flexibility with variations on back bends. I can almost get my leg straight like this!
And I was almost as flat as this lovely lady!
Not sure yet how we'll incorporate the poses, but we had a blast playing around!

Julia plans to get poi ball lessons from a friend, and I've been stretching every day. We're on our way to the big top...

No comments:

Post a Comment